Dieselpunk: Because Steam Wasn't Dirty Enough!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A burlesque-inspired Advice from Stu

Once upon a time (okay, one and half years ago), before I was Hana Li, I was just a huge burlesque fan who decided to drag her friends to a show on her birthday.  One of them is a writer, and he had been working on a series called Advice on Stu.  The experience inspired a piece titled "Don’t bother masturbating before the burlesque show, because it won’t make a difference".  Here's an excerpt:

So for years, I’ve felt that my erections, random or otherwise, have been either embarrassing or gross. Therefore, when I found out I was going to a burlesque show for a friend’s birthday, I was worried. With all those almost naked chicks running around, I was terrified that I was going to pop wood at an inopportune moment and ruin her birthday by being a little too excited.
So, I did what I thought was best. I figured if I jerked it right before leaving for the burlesque show, I wouldn’t really be that aroused during the show. So…there you go.
LATER, AT THE BURLESQUE SHOW…
I’m sitting (in the dark) while a punkish looking chick with red hair (I love redheads) danced around in nothing but a G string and those little sticky things that cover their nipples up (because nipples are the most offensive thing ever…). I just sat there, minding my own business and watching the show, when…
Yes, I'm the friend.  No, those events didn't happen, and he's not writing about a specific dancer (though you can see his muses here).  I always love it when burlesque makes cameos into modern works.  You can read Stuart Stutzman's latest fiction at Rogue Group Writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment